Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Crazy week in review.......... Thursday (09/18)

Today.. What a day... It was OUR day with Elder Nash. We were at the church at 8 am, waiting, and he got there and all the zones got to go through a line and shake President’s hand, Sister Perez, and Elder and Sister Nash´s hand. It was good… It was normal now for me, because we had had a little meeting with him before, but he shook everyone’s hand and looked them right in the eye!! It was good.

As we started the reunion, we had been told to prepare a talk, 3 to 5 minutes long, on our purpose as a missionary, and Elder Nash would choose randomly from the crowd, a missionary to share his thoughts. Well, I got picked!! I loved every minute of it. I had prepared, but then I didn’t use any of it when I was up there. I felt I did good. Presidente and the assistants were happy, so I’m happy.

Now here is the part that wasn’t so great. One of the missionaries was sick, and Sister Perez and me and my companion had to take this Elder to the hospital. It took 2 hours and 15 minutes. We left just as Elder Nash was getting ready to speak, or better said....... to train and to teach. When we got back, it was just in time to hear his testimony. I missed it all.... The thing I had been waiting for.... the training.. But it’s ok.. It’s my job, as Presidente's secretary, plus I had a good two hour conversation with Sister Perez, so it was fine. But ya.. I missed a lot. I will have to study extra hard. It’s all okay. God will help me.

No comments: