Monday, August 3, 2009

The Temple and Sacrifice

Saturday (July 25th) we went to the temple as an office. It was a great time, the first time in 6 months. I learned a lot about sacrifice. I’m preparing for my training in the Zone Leader Council about sacrifice and diligence. I’m still getting used to being Assistant. It’s a completely different thinking pattern. It’s helping me grow and helps to make my weaknesses become strengths. I love where I’m at. I love doing what a missionary does. I love my Lord Jesus Christ. I know He lives.

Sacrifice is everything. Last night I saw on the back of a car, a bumper sticker that said, “No envidias mi progreso, sin saber mi sacrificio” (Don't envy my progress, without knowing my sacrifice). In the Hymn “Loor al Profeta” (Praise to the Man), there is a verse that talks about sacrifice. Everything in this church requires a sacrifice. The sacrament is also a great way to show the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and our sacrifice, to have a broken heart and a contrite spirit as we partake of it.

On Tuesday (July 28th) we went again to the temple with all of the old missionaries who were finishing their missions, and with Presidente and his wife. It was great. I was able to go to the temple 2 times in 4 days. It was really special because it helped me to understand more about what I was going to talk about in the Consejo de Lideres.

No comments: