Saturday, May 24, 2008

Words of Wisdom from Peru

This advice is taken from an email we exchanged a couple of weeks ago. I sure love my son, and appreciate his help.

"Mom, I'm sorry, but if you say the words “ I don't really expect it to” or stuff like that.... you're not having faith. I do it all the time in the mission, like for example, I say, "Man, I hope these people go to church, but I doubt they will". If you have doubt, you don't have faith. We all need to work on this part of our faith. We say we have faith, but then we say and think in a different way. Never say the words, "I doubt it", or "I don't expect it". Always think the most positive, and don't let those words enter in your mind. Don't let them. I love you mom and you are a great woman of great faith... Don't worry, we all have faults, and none of us have perfect faith, that's why we're here on this earth. I love you mom.. Thank you for teaching me this lesson... I love you."

No comments: