Monday, May 19, 2008

Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy


Okay, well this week, I had the most humbling experience of my mission and my life so far. I don’t know why it hit me so hard, but it did. I'll never forget it. So this family, the parents and two kids. They are such a strong family. So they aren’t the richest people in the world. They work to provide directly for the family.

Well, the mom has a job that she works on Sunday. So we told her that the Lord will bless her, and to just ask for time off every Sunday for the mornings. We thought that her boss, who is a Saturday worshiper, would understand and be reasonable. Well, Saturday night, she and her husband were talking, and they decided if they're going to follow this church, because they know it's true, they are going to do it with everything they have, and complete every commandment, not just a few. So the mom asked for time off, and the boss didn’t give it to her. The boss said, "If you don’t come to work, you won't have a job". Well needless to say, she came to church, and now she doesn't have a job anymore.

They're suffering and are poor, but they are happy and blessed in other ways they couldn't be, by working on Sunday. I cried for them. I felt so bad, but at the same time, through all the pain suffering and poverty, there was a spirit of love and of knowledge that they are right with God. I can't really explain it that well, but wow… I'll never forget it, and let's say I'll never take a job that puts me to work on Sundays. I love you all and I testify that you will be blessed for not working on Sundays, and keeping that day holy. I love this gospel and I love this work. I love you all.


Here are pics of the Church in Tarapoto

No comments: