Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Wonderful Day


"Well, we had 6 baptisms this past week. Two families !!!!!!!!!!!! It was amazing. I loved it. To see their faces, when they knew without a doubt that they were sin free. It was amazing, and I loved it. The spirit was so strong, that no one could deny that this is true."
One of these families, was the Familia Perez that Landon has mentioned previously. (Dad, Mom, and 3 kids.. ages, 19, 13, and 7) The father wrote Landon the following email. Landon was pretty happy when I passed it along to him.

Dear Elder Rich: Jesus Christ has permitted us to meet each other and it gives me joy that a young man like you, dedicates completely all his time to preach the gospel. I hope that our celestial father walks with you always. Sincerely, Your brother, Wilfredo Pérez Cornejo



"Also, a cool experience.... An older couple was baptized too. When we had the interviews for them, the mom was like, "I can't do it, it hurts too bad". Her legs are bad, and she has open sores because of an operation. We fasted and prayed for her, and on the day of their baptism she showed up.... walking..... and was like, "Yes, let's do it, I'm ready". So we got her legs wrapped with plastic, and it took three of us to baptize her with a chair. I know this church is true, and I love it."

No comments: