Saturday, October 17, 2009

Meeting with Great Leaders !

Today the meeting was great!! All of the Peru missions (North, East, South, Central) were there and President Edgley, of the Presiding Bishopric was there with his wife, Elder Clayton, President of the Seventy, Elder Christofferson, from the Twelve Apostles, Elder Nash, Elder Pino, and Elder Gavarret, and four other Seventy's, Four mission presidents, the Lima Temple President, and other leaders of the area. It was a great meeting!!

President Edgley talked about how today is the greatest time in the history of the church to do missionary work. It doesn’t matter where you’re from, how rich or poor you are or how much education you have, we all have the same calling and the same responsibility to help others.

Elder Clayton talked about the miracles he has seen here in Peru. In 1925 there wasn’t a single member of the church in South America and in 1971 there was only 1 Stake and Mission in Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador.

Elder Christofferson talked about Alma 17:3. Teaching by the Spirit of revelation and prophecy. The new Bible in Spanish could very well be the best version of the Bible in all the world. It’s a privilege to serve God. We need to KNOW Jesus Christ. Not only know things about Him, we need to KNOW His atonement, not only know about it.

The Spirit was strong and it was a great atmosphere. Afterward, President Perez had lunch with all of the leaders and he said that very good things were said about the Peru Lima North Mission. As I leave the mission, I'm happy it is in such good shape - the best in this continent and possibly the world.

These past two years have been the best. I have learned more than I ever have in my life previously. I’m grateful for the opportunity that I have had, and I will always remember the lessons learned, and use them throughout my life.

Now it’s time to move on and get on with work, study, and family. It’s the plan of God that will never stop and will never change. I’ve learned to value a lot of things that maybe before I didn’t appreciate enough. I love my God and I love my family who has supported me.

Grandparents!!!! Thanks for everything you have done for me over these past two years. I love you with all my heart and I will see you soon and be working along side you. Thanks for everything.

MOM and DAD. Well it’s come - my last email..... What do we have to say for ourselves? It’s been a long road, much has changed, and all will be great!!! I can’t wait to be with you, and to learn the things I didn’t learn before. I ask that you will be patient with me and help me in my weaknesses. I have many. Teach me everything you know. I love you and can’t wait to see you!!!

MOM DON’T CRY!! I love you, and well, there isn’t any more to say that can’t wait until WEDNESDAY!!!!

No comments: