Friday, July 10, 2009

Zone Pictures

The pictures that Elder Rich emailed home this past week were a big hit with the missionary parents. I'm so glad we could share.

Upon closer examination of some of the pictures, great truths were found.

Zona 9 de Octubre

2 Ne 7:7-8

For the Lord God will help me, therefore shall I not be confounded. Therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

And the Lord is near, and he justifieth me. Who will contend with me? Let us stand together. Who is mine adversary? Let him come near me, and I will smite him with the strength of my mouth.

Zona Barranca

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Zona Iquitos

Somo de la Selva (We are of the Forest)

Sedundo y si no sois uno no sois mios (If you are not one you are not mine)

Zona Independencia

From Elder Layton's blog we read: "Last week we made a title of liberty as a zone and the sisters in our zone took it home. Of course when it came back it was completely changed and pretty looking, but that`s what you'd expect from sisters. Today for pday we're going to climb the highest mountain/hill nearby (which is really high) and take a picture with it. All the Zones are doing it for a surprise for President Perez."


Zona Moyobamba & Zona T-Suyo

3 Ne 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Zona Pro

Alma 48:17

Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.

Zona Pucallpa

Alma 26:12

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.


Zona Puente Pidera

Puente Pidera means Stone Bridge, and you will notice in the picture that one of the missionaries must be quite the artist, because there is a drawing of a beautiful stone bridge on the flag, and also the words.... "The restoration of the Book of Mormon, will be a salvation to this generation"


Zona Tarapoto

Read all about the great day this zone had raising their flag on Elder Landon Schofield's blog. Notice all of their t-shirts have a picture of a man hammering a stake with a big sledge hammer (mallet). The motto reads "a dios rogando y con el mazo dando" - "To God requesting and with the mallet giving"


Zona Ventanilla

"Cultiva la semilla para levantar" - "With work, the seed will rise"

No comments: