Monday, July 27, 2009

Back in Lima

Hey how is everything going?? Well I’m here in Lima and in the offices once again. The farewell in Pucallpa was good. I arrived here in Lima on Thursday at 3pm in the afternoon and we went right to work in our area. Our area is called Los Angeles, in the Stake of Palmeras. I’m really excited. We’re teaching really good families and one in particular, the dad reminds me a lot of Uncle Mark. His structure, his way of doing things, and wow, he is great and his family is really good. I’m really excited to be able to work with Elder Nemelka for these few days before he goes home, and with Elder Santiago, my new companion.

Friday was the Multi-zone farewell of the old missionaries that are going home (on July 29th), and I was presented as the new Assistant, it was a good experience. I don’t feel like an Assistant yet, but I guess it will hit me this Wednesday when I get to go to the CCM and pick up the new missionaries, and on Thursday, when we give training to the Zone Leaders. It will hit me then. I remember perfectly, the day I was picked up at the CCM by Elder Toolson and Elder Brandenburg. “My” Assistants. How great the experiences will be. I’m very excited.

My favorite part of being Assistant is receiving revelation for the missionaries, and receiving it to be able to prepare trainings. The Spirit works so close to you and you have to be paying attention. I love it. It’s just what I need right now in my mission. Today I get to go to the Lima temple for the first time in 6 months, and I’m very excited because it will help me out so much with the training that I’m preparing for.

There isn’t much news more that that, just that I’m happy. I still don’t know why it’s me, but all I know is the Lord has put me here. Well, I love you all and I wish you all the best. Pray for me.

No comments: