Monday, January 12, 2009

I am thankful..........


Always in ALL my life I have had food. It is a great blessing. Some people in my area hardly have anything to eat. I love my family and I’m very thankful for what we have.

There are kids at every stop light who wipe the dust off cars during the red light for only 10 cents each.

There are girls as small as Camryn (4 years old) walking the streets selling bubble gum for 10 cents each. It’s what they do to eat.

Be thankful for what we have, never take it for granted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The comment about the young girls selling gum for .10 each breaks my heart. I served in Southern Mexico - I know how these people are...they are, in many respects, much more deserving than we are of the comforts of life - humble,loving, teachable. That's why baptisms are so high down there. I am so spoiled.

That picture of the kids is priceless.