Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Recent Ramblings from Peru

Landon has been to the temple in Lima, and loved it. He particularly likes Elder Ruiz, a native Latino from Iquitos, they have become close. Landon and his companion Elder Woolf are working well together, and help to keep each other focused. I found out from Elder Woolf's letter to HIS mom, that they are teaching 3 lessons a day in Spanish, and this helps the language come along. Landon was able to meet another "Morganite" the other day. Elder Jason Johnson (Mark and Connie's son) who is also in the PLN mission was at the CCM to interpret for an elder who went to the doctor. That was a nice surprise for both of them. Landon says they will not celebrate Thanksgiving down in Peru, it will be just another day. He loves the leader of the CCM, President Crayk, and says he is an awesome guy. Landon also learned that the Peru Lima North area is the poorest in all of Peru. This will surely humble him. Landon always ends each letter with these words, "I love you both and all the family.. all is well..."

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Hi, Elder Rich,
I happened onto your website, and wanted to introduce myself. My son, David Bewsey, will be entering the Provo MTC on June 25, and then (depending on the visa!) will be headed for the Lima in July. I hope he meets up with you at some point! I have communicated with your mom via LDS Missionary Moms email group. I loved looking at your pics, and can't wait to show David! If you happen across Elder Bewsey, show him the ropes!

Thanks!

Sister Bewsey