Thursday, November 15, 2007

Info from Peru

I had to get my hair cut again.. it was already short but they just pretty much buzzed it.. oh well..

Man, here everyone speaks Spanish... my teachers, everyone..

My mission president is really good.. he tells you how it is for sure.. he is strict and doesn't have many rules, but the rules he does have - he means them...

We are already teaching the lessons in Spanish... it's crazy how much I'm learning here.. It's comin' fast but not fast enough...

We teach the Latinos.. I have started loving them already.. they have nothing and yet they give everything to be here... most, if not all of them are the only ones that are members in their families.. It's just sad.. Peru is really really really poor..

I was sitting and thinking last night.. all I have are the clothes in my suit cases and that's it... we have hardly any space and it's just a hard way of living.. but a mission isn't meant to be easy... there are some sacrifices to be made.

The food is really funny - the same thing at every meal - potatoes, chicken, rolls, and rice. They also have an ice cream maker, the soft serve kind. They also had this mashed potato stuff and some other little treats I've yet to figure out, and they always have some kind of soup available, and fresh fresh juice. (This info comes from Elder Herdt and Elder Woolf)

We have a turf soccer field so that's nice.. I can't believe I'm saying this but I kinda like soccer... Elder Woolf is still my companion I'm happy about this.. also there are 16 Latinos and I have gotten to be pretty good friends with them...

No comments: